Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:44:50 +0100 (BST)
From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
To: dssslist@mulberrytech.com
Subject: Re: PDFJadeTeX Memory problems

> Is the parameter stack size controlled by a parameter not listed in my
> texmf.cnf file?  "param_size" does not appear to be working.

no it's this:

> param_size.jadetex = 15000

but clearly hasn't worked since the value when it died was 6000

> ! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [parameter stack size=6000].

However this is massive (I think the old compiled in default used to be
around 50 and very few people ever hit it)

It's not impossible that jadetex has hit some unbounded recursion
and will fill any finite stack. So before working out why your
new setting hasn't take effect it might be worth running with
\tracingmacros=2 inserted at the top of the tex file.
Then take a deep breath and inspect the log file, see if tex appears
to be stuck in a loop.

David