Problem with page breaks and db2ps

Hi,

I am a new DocBook user and am experiencing a fairly obvious problem
producing Postscript output (HTML is fine) via db2ps. The example source
below generates a page break in the middle of the title for the second
<sect1> element below. The page break occurs despite plenty of space
on the page to continue.

<!DOCTYPE article PUBLIC "-//Davenport//DTD DocBook V3.0//EN"[
]>
<article id="RP1998-9">
<artheader>
<title>
Research progress September 1999
</title>
<abstract>
<para>
This brief document details the work undertaken during the period
1st September to 30th September 1999 which relates to my initial
investigation of XML/SGML based technology. The original idea was to
relate this technology to the Hypermedia field. While this is still a
probable direction for this research, the work over the period
concentrated its application to the document processing field. The
reasons for this are discussed. The author believes this will be shown
to be an appropriate area of study from which other areas of
application will be explored.
</para>
</abstract>
<date>
</date>
<author>
<firstname>
Keith
</firstname>
<surname>
Verheyden
</surname>
</author>
</artheader>
<sect1>
<title>
Overview
</title>
<para>
As part of a possible research programme as study of SGML/XML based
techniques has been undertaken. It was decided that, as a practical
vehicle, SGML would be used to demonstrate some of the technologies
and techniques used in this area. As will be shown, XML derives much
of its character from SGML any experience gained from studying and
using this would be directly transferable to XML technologies.
</para>
</sect1>
<sect1>
<title>
Initial exposure to SGML and discussions applying XML in the field
of hypermedia.
</title>
<sect2>
<title>
Using SGML for the Linux Documentation project
</title>
<para>
Blah, blah, ...
</para>
</sect2>
<sect2>
<title>
XML and use of publically available tools for the Fiets project
</title>
<para>
Blah, blah, ...
</para>
</sect2>
</sect1>
</article>

I have tried changing the page size from US to A4
as suggested in a previous mailing by Mark Galassi in:

/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/nwalsh-modular/print/dbparam.dsl

but get the same error.

I am running completly standard RedHat 6-1 with the exception of removing
the sgml-tools rpm because of a conflict with one of the DocBook RPMs
downloaded this morning. The relevant RPMS I have installed are listed
below.

tetex-1.0.6-7
tetex-afm-1.0.6-7
tetex-doc-1.0.6-7
tetex-dvilj-1.0.6-7
tetex-dvips-1.0.6-7
tetex-fonts-1.0.6-7
tetex-latex-1.0.6-7
tetex-xdvi-1.0.6-7
jadetex-2.7-0
docbook-3.1-5
psgml-1.2.1-1
stylesheets-0.10-2
jadetex-2.7-0
jade-1.2.1-4

I have also found that for the same setup that db2pdf still appears broken,
getting the following error.

[kverheyd@jemima Research]$ db2pdf bugreport.sgml
Using stylesheet: "/usr/lib/sgml/stylesheets/cygnus-both.dsl"
This is pdfTeX, Version 3.14159-13d (Web2C 7.3.1)
(Fatal format file error; I'm stymied)

[kverheyd@jemima Research]$

I would be very grateful for any help or advice.

Cheers,

Keith  Verheyden
School of Computing
University of Glamorgan, UK