rendering

Hi all.

I think I've got a rendering problem - I hope you can help.

If I use the following sgml inside my <bookinfo> and then use it to generate ps, pdf or html, there is no whitespace between the various bits - the version number runs straight into the date, again shown below.  I've even tried putting spaces in the sgml file.

I'm using the Redhat 5.2 rpms.

sgml
++++
      <revision>
        <revnumber>2.0</revnumber>
        <date>05.11.1999</date>
        <authorinitials>GPS</authorinitials>
        <revremark>Complete rewrite based on original version, with extensive
          additions made.
        </revremark>
      </revision>
 ----

rendering
++++
Revision 2.005.11.1999Revised by: GPS
----
Gary Stainburn.
Work: http://www.ringways.co.uk gary.stainburn@ringways.co.uk
REVCOM: http://www.revcom.dhs.org http://www.revcom.org.uk gary.stainburn@revcom.org.uk
The nice thing about standards is that there are so many of them to choose from. -- Andrew S. Tanenbaum