Re: I'm trying to set up docbook-tools...

richard offer wrote:

>   More details on linking documents, I've got 6 docs that I'm writing in
> parallel and would really like to link between them. I gave up.

We are also suffering a lot with <olink> at kde. I'm just
trying to figure out a mechanism
to link an HTML file to another one at DocBook level without
knowing where this file will be implemented on the user's
hard disk (this prevents from using "SYSTEM" FPIs), just
because some distributions use /opt/kde and other ones /usr.
To complicate everything, the target file can be in the
middle of the docbook file, and its name results from the ID
of a chapter or section! And the target file might exist or
not, according to whether it is already translated or not,
or whether the user installed it or not. So far, to rely on
a CGI helper program seems to be the nearest thing from this
holy graal, but first I don't see exactly how to implement
it, and second I'm worried about assuming there is an HTTPD
server up and running.

--
 Éric Bischoff   -   mailto:ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr
                                           \^o~_.