Re: Jade RPM install

Andrew Payne wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I tried today to install the jade-1.2.1-6.i386.rpm on top of the
> sgml-common-0.2-2.i386.rpm, but the jade RPM post-install script
> comes back with:
>
> Usage: install-catalog <action>
> where <action> is:
>   -a|--add <centralized> <ordinary>:     Declare ordinary catalog in the centralized catalog
>   -r|--remove <centralized> <ordinary>:  Remove ordinary catalog from the centralized catalog
>   -h, --help:                            Print this help message and exit
>   -v, --version:                         Print the version number and exit
>
> execution of script failed
>
> The jade RPM post-install script is:
>
> postinstall script (through /bin/sh):
> # since old-postun is run *after* new-post, we must always cycle.
> V=1.2.1-6
> /usr/bin/install-catalog --install dsssl --version $V >/dev/null

This is an outdated version of Jade package. You did certainly not get
it from the sourceware FTP site. jade-1.2.1-6 does not even have a
postinstall script anymore, and the syntax of install-catalog script has
changed anyhow.

What puzzles me is that it has the same release number as ours. Mere
coincidence, or is there something really broken in your RPM database?

> ...which was clearly not written for this version of the
> install-catalog tool.

Yes.

> The install-catalog manpage is less than transparent, so if anyone
> can tell me what I should do I would be endebted.

Get and reinstall latest jade package.

> Also -- is there any support for XML documents in the docbook-tools
> collection, or not yet?

I'm planning it - maybe I'm starting to work on this next week. Someone
already gave it a try and I'll probably recontact this person as soon as
I find him/her back in my old emails ;-).

Coming soon too are also fixes for the two following problems:

- The centralized catalogs in /etc/sgml are not complete if installing
in the following order:
	docbook-dtd31-sgml
	docbook-style-dssl
	docbook-dtd40-sgml
  (this installation order is perfectly valid and the problem cannot be
solved through prereqs)
  There's a symmetrical problem when uninstalling a version of the DTD
but not the style sheets
  nor another version of the DTD.

- Recognition of the catalogs used by a variant of the docbook DTD like
KDE one

The bugs are already fixed but I did not rebuild the packages for the
first bug yet.

Thanks to the persons who reported these two bugs (Roman Hodek and
Frederik Fouvry)

--
 Éric Bischoff   -   mailto:ebisch@cybercable.tm.fr
                                           \^o~_.