Where, what and how - The future of DocBook

Dudez - this is not to start a flamewar, so be positive
and think constructive now:

Many people agree that DocBook is the path to continue
along for Open Source program documentation and perhaps
also the system we should promote to use for document
handling in general.

Fine - which tools are available for writing
SGML/DocBook on Linux+xBSD or Windows?
- Emacs and alike tools?
- Any WYSIWYG editors?
- Any *fast* syntax verification system
- and what is being made in general

At the moment I write a lot in Emacs - but my mum would
not try that!!!

Many companies don't accept DocBook - why?
Can't we do better???

What is the future for SGML/DocBook versus XML/DocBook
- again also regarding tools, the work efford going on
at the moment etc.

Best regards

Peter/A DocBook user for several years now.

--
Peter Toft, Ph.D. [pto@sslug.dk] http://www.sslug.dk/~pto

"You don't win a battle by asking, `Will we win?'
You win it by doing your best to win" - Richard M Stallman

LinuxKonference i København: http://LinuxForum.dk/