Re: Where, what and how - The future of DocBook

Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> I've gotten around this the easy way, I don't use pdfjadetex.  Instead,
> I use a tool called htmldoc, which convers from HTML to PS/PDF, and does
> a VERY nice job at it.  The only thing that's missing is that it doesn't
> convert the external (href) hyperlinks to something useful along the
> way.  I can do this with jade, but jade is slow.
>
>     Greg

Is htmldoc something that you created, or is it something that's
available for download?  I can't seem to get any of the pdf/ps
conversions to occur properly with the DocBook tools that I have.  I'm
using the db2pdf and db2ps scripts and all they seem to do is explode
and spew latex errors everywhere.  I can write picture-perfect sgml and
it makes lovely html conversions, but it doesn't do me much good if I
can't get it printed.

I've been monitoring this list and watching all of the "Future of
DocBook" threads and I gotta say it's a great project and I'd love to be
able to set it as a standard to create all of my documentation.
However, I just can't seem to get a dependable set of tools and solidly
implement them.  Suggestions?

--
Craig A. Boone          craig@estinc.com
Technical Writer        Enhanced Software Technologies, Inc.

After the game, the king and pawn go into the same box. --Italian
Proverb

Loyalty to a petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human
soul.
--Mark Twain