db2pdf: cannot generate system identifier for public text...

Hi all,

I have docbook tools installed and working on my system here at work and
tried to complete the same installation on another system (both debian
systems) and somehow something has gone awry.

When I try the command:

[user@host] db2pdf sgmlTest.sgm

I get the error:

jade:sgmlTest.sgm:1:59:W: cannot generate system identifier for public
text "-//Davenport//DTD DocBook V3.0//EN"

and then a lot of errors since none of the entities are defined...

I think I have the identical packages (save the version number on
docbook: 3.1-2 vs 3.1-5) installed on both boxes. Is there something
missing in my path somewhere that is causing this? I am thinking this
should be an easy fix, as I got it running on my other system without any
tweaking whatsoever, but it has certainly got me stumped.

Any help/clues would be most appreciated. Thank you very much.

Regards,
--chris

--
Christopher P. Turchin
Neuberger & Hughes, Holding AG

FON 	+49 7153 6120 13
FAX 	+49 7153 6120 33
email   ct@sliceware.com
web   	http://www.sliceware.com

Worldpilot - der Personal Information Manager im Web !
go worldpilot  @   http://www.worldpilot.org
Linux - The choice of the GNU generation
Open Minds. Open Sources. Open Future.

Important Note: This email may contain trade secrets or privileged,
undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you have
received this email in error, you are hereby notified that any
review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please
inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank
you for your cooperation.