Re: new release soon

    Tim> I am planning on making a new release of docbook-utils soon
    Tim> (within the next week or two).  I don't plan on changing much
    Tim> from what is currently in CVS.

    Tim> Please take a look and shout if there is something wrong.  To
    Tim> get a tarball, use 'make -f Makefile.cvs', './configure', and
    Tim> 'make dist'.

What a sec, why do things differently?  You should do

./autogen.sh
./configure
make distcheck
# (make sure you do "distcheck")

(note the above steps are even more nicely done building in a separate
directory)

and then, since we use automake/autoconf properly, you can build the
RPMs with

rpm -ta docbook-utils-version.tar.gz

then you're done, and all in a gnulitically correct way.

At one point Eric had mistakenly removed docbook-utils.spec from the
EXTRA_DIST and hence made it impossible to do the "rpm -ta
file.tar.gz", but I think I reintroduced it, or in any case it should
be done.

Finally, as you feel you are close to being ready, can you point me to
the tarballs so I can see if they work on solaris?  It's always a good
shakeout to test these things on a different OS.