Re: Creating man pages from Docbook - docbook2man does not generate man pages.

On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 05:40:05PM +0000, Tim Waugh wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 17, 2003 at 12:30:40PM -0500, Hans Deragon wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the tip, but could you point me to a howto for creating
> > man pages with docbook?  Is it actually possible from a same docbook
> > xml to create man pages and a normal pdf document?  Or must I have
> > one special docbook for man pages and another one for the other
> > formats?  Ideally, I want to be able to generate a nice PDF manual
> > and a man page from the same source, without having to duplicate
> > text.

If you'd like to see an example of a docbook man page:

http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=libxml2%2Fdoc/xmllint.xml&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome

You can then use it to build html and pdf as you would any other DocBook
source.

Cheers,
John