| Not just that, but it's misleading too :-) If I see a content model that
| allows <LIST> inside <PARA> then I assume it means an inline list like
| you see (a) in continuous text and (b) in the {paralist} LaTeX package.

The only inline list in DocBook is <simplelist> and, really, only
<simplelist type="inline">. All the other lists are block.

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | O for a Muse of fire, that would
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | ascend / The brightest heaven of
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | invention, / A kingdom for a