Re: L10n of DocBook: I cannot get labels in French

On Monday 8 November 1999, at 15 h 9, the keyboard of Adam Di Carlo
<adam@onshore.com> wrote:

> > I'm writing a documentation in French with DocBook-XML. I cannot get
> > labels in French (I have "Table of Contents" instead of "Table des
> > Matières"). Nothing work.
>
> Stephane, is this still a problem?  Did you solve it?

Apparently, and only for the XML version (I didn't try the SGML one), the documentation of the DSSSL stylesheets is wrong <http://nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/doc/custom.html#AEN190>. The only way to get french labels (I tried german, too), is via the lang attribute and not in the custom stylesheet:

<article lang="fr">
<book lang="fr">

Note that it doesn't give french hyphenation in jadetex :-(

I just updated the Debian-HOWTO to reflect that.