Re: DAVENPORT: multiple orderedlists in a single section?

/ Jiadong Shen <shen@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de> was heard to say:
| I have multiple orderedlists in a single section. To differ these lists
| I'd like to label them as A1,A2,A3, Case1,Case2,Case3,.... Is it
| possible in DOCBOOK to define any ascii string or char prior to the
| numeration, such as the 'A', "Case" .. above, and how if yes?

Not specifically, but you could use the ROLE attribute and modify
your stylesheets to do it.

| Btw, I use DocBook V3.0 under Linux and tested the example for
| orderedlist in reference book. But the second nested OrderedList is not
| be numbered D.1, D.2 (I think the B.1,B.2, in the example are
| misspelled, aren't they), although the attribute INHERITNUM="Inherit".

Uh, I guess I never got around to implementing INHERITNUM.
I'll put it on my list...

                                        Cheers,
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | There's 2 possible outcomes: If
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the result confirms the
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    | hypothesis, then you've made a