Re: DAVENPORT: IDL markup from XMLspec DTD

Eve forwarded markup for IDL and EBNF from the XMLspec DTD for which
she is maintainer.  I've finally gotten to the documentation for that
DTD and to thinking about what would be entailed in adopting these
pieces of it.

On the issue of subject matter, I'm all for EBNF but leery of IDL
(and for the reason Eve gave, that IDL markup may get us too far
into modelling rather than documenting).  EBNF is used to document
XML specs these days (whether for good or evil), so to me it fits
within Docbook's domain.

But adopting a module maintained by another organization, which is
subject to change (the module) and which is not a model of openness
(the organization) and suffers interference from the staff (look
for comments including "Dan" in Eve's documentation) poses some
issues of process I'd like to discuss at the next meeting of the TC
(August in Montreal) before we make a decision.

Eve, has thought been given to breaking out these IDL and EBNF
sections as modules that could be maintained separately, perhaps
even in some other institutional context?

regards, Terry