Re: DAVENPORT: sgml2latex for docbook?

>>>>> "ms" == michael shiplett <walrus@ans.net> writes:

ms> I don't know of an sgml to readily edited latex2e filter, but
ms> thanks to the work of James Clark, Norman Walsh, David Megginson,
ms> Sebastian Rahtz, Kathleen Marszalek, and unnamed others, you can
ms> use jade[1], dsssl docbook stylesheets[2], and jadetex[3] to
ms> produce good looking dvi files.

ms> michael

ms> 1. http://www.jclark.com/jade/ 2. http://nwalsh.com/docbook/dsssl/
ms> 3. ftp://ftp.tex.ac.uk/pub/archive/macros/jadetex/

I would not dare to recoment jade/jadetex right now without the
warning that it has it's problems.  Tables, i.e. paragraphs in tables
are broken.  There are some problems with the box entities and at
least me did not manage to get it to respect the right margin.
Moreover you'll have to be careful if you want to use it for
non-english languages if those text styles redefine some characters
(e. g., " for german).