DAVENPORT: Maintaing documents for multiple languages

Hello,

I´m writing some InHouse documentation using the DocBook DTD and the
Modular DSSSL DocBook Stylesheets. This document should be published in
german and english. I´m new to DocBook and don´t know too much SGML now,
but I thought it must be possible to keep the text in one source file,
to make changes easier when the paragraph written in german and the one
written in english are direct neighbours. Is there a way to write my
document this way?

Another minor Problem I have is with the PostScript generation. I use
jade. The Library I describe is written in and for Python. The usual
Python Prompt looks like this: ">>>". But when when when I look at the
generated PostScript file, the first two greater signs are converted to
a ">>"-ligature. I´m not shure wheter this is a DTD (not very likely), a
DSSL or a jade(tex) problem. Is there a way to come around this?

Thanks

Berthold
--
email: hoel@GermanLloyd.org