Re: DAVENPORT: Indent equivalent for DocBook

/ Nik Clayton <nik@nothing-going-on.demon.co.uk> was heard to say:
| > (The trailing space is probably never going to be a problem.)
|
| Sometimes it is.  I've seen things like
|
|      <programlisting>#!/usr/bin/perl
|
|   print "hello, world\n";
|   </programlisting>

Ah well, as an instructor I had many years ago liked to say, "your gun,
your bullet, your foot." The whitespace in programlisting is not only
significant in the SGML sense, it's significant within the semantics
of DocBook. Don't do that, if that's not what you meant.

| from <para>, but I think the general principle of "Don't include content
| that you wouldn't like to see in the formatted output" holds.

Absolutely.

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Lead us not into temptation, but
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | delivery us some email.