[Frederik Fouvry <fouvry@sfs.nphil.uni-tuebingen.de>] A DocBook problem

(Feel free to forward this message to a more appropriate address)

Hello,

Is there any reason for treating qandaset differently from chunking
section elements?  We have made ID elements compulsory for chunk
elements, since some people were violently opposed against the names
generated by the style sheets.  To keep a fairly large FAQ manageable
in HTML, I changed qandadiv and qandaset into chunking elements as
well, and I then found that it is not possible to enforce an id
attribute without changing the docbook files (QandA is located before
the redeclaration placeholder).  Hence the (admittedly somewhat
inaccurate) question at the beginning of the paragraph ...

And are language codes more or less free, or is the syntax of RFC1766
recommended (Unix used pt_BR, RFC1766 says pt-BR)?  Just wondering if
'Docbook' had an opinion about it.

Thanks,

Frederik Fouvry
KDE DocBook Team