Invalid references to <section> and <programlisting> in an article doctype.

I'm writing an article where I need to make <xref>s to some sections
and programlistings. Unfortunately, jade / openjade doesn't allow that
(thought that nsgmls and onsgmls doesn't echo any error messages when
making the document validation test). Has anybody had this error
before? What was the solution for this?

Thanks!
--
Godoy.	<godoy@conectiva.com.br>               GPG Fingerprint
                                         851B B620 626D 2AD0 E783

Except where explicitly stated I speak on my own behalf.
Exceto onde explicitado as declarações aqui feitas são apenas minhas.