Re: Invalid references to <section> and <programlisting> in an article doctype.

/ Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com.br> was heard to say:
| > Hmmm, xrefs do not work on sections?? That is strange.
|
| They work only if the lang attribute isn't used. I've tried that. I'm
| writing documents using lang="pt-br".

It turns out that, in addition to providing correct entities for L10N,
the dbl1??.dsl files need to be fleshed out to allow cross references.
Alas, I've allowed some of the L10Ns to get out of sync. Fixing these
is going to be tedious.

In the meantime, send me the ones you trip over and I'll try to fix
them asap.

| There's no need of a list of "programlistings". I was trying to make a
| cross-reference to a listing in the middle of the text. I'll have to
| include this programlisting in an example or something like that so
| that I can make the cross-reference. I'd like to have an xref to the
| programlisting and see in the text "listing 1". It would be useful for
| making references to program code (they are not "examples" they are
| code that should be typed or consulted as a reference).

So, given

  <programlisting id="foo">
  </programlisting>

and

  <programlisting id="bar">
  </programlisting>

You'd like to see

translated into

  See listing 1 and listing 2.

That could be done. At what level would you want programlistings
to be renumbered? Within chapters, sections, books?

                                        Cheers,

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Debugging is 99% complete most of
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | the time--Fred Brooks, jr.
Member, DocBook Editorial Board    |