jade vs db2html

hi,
i have been using — which used to get parsed as #8212 while using db2html
script but now that i have rediscovered jade :-) and am very happy with its
output while using norman walsh's latest db152.zip stlye sheets ,unfortunately
jade doesn't parse this — as #8212 or as  -  ( minus sign) .
now i have used this — liberally :-( in one of my documents how do i
rectify this .this usage is becuase of me reading probably some linuxdoc howto
long back ,incase this is not requirement of DocBook or jade can i stop using
this — instead of - ( minus sign)  since it will also solve another
problem which is related to KFM the defualt KDE file manager/browser which
doesn't render #8212 as minus ( - ) .netscape renders it properly.
can some body help me with a perl or shell script to sort out this mess of mine

thanking you
regards

--
maddy