DocBook and Email

Is anyone working on using DocBook (or a subset thereof)
for the body of email messages? If not DocBook, are there
any other efforts that are moving towards xml-based email
standards?

(Note: My interest in DocBook is for this limited purpose,
so I haven't subscribed to the list. Please copy replies to
me directly -- and please accept my sincere thanks for
doing so...)