Re: external programlistings

Dave Makower <davemak@iclick.com> writes:

|   Youch!  RCDATA is not part of the XML spec.  (Sorry, I realize that
|   my first message failed to specify that I was using the XML version
|   of DocBook, not SGML.)

As usual, I don't recommend to use XML for authoring purposes...

|   It would be nice to have something like:
|
|   <programlisting src="Tutorial1.java"/>

Looks like an interesting feature request.

|   Then it would be up to the stylesheet to interpret the (possibly
|   relative) URL, and figure out what to do with it.

I'm not sure, whether DSSSL would allow it.  I'd recommend to preprocess
the source file with external tools  and then to include it.  Using
`make' you can to the preprocessing automatically.

|   If I remember correctly, however, having an XSL stylesheet include
|   the contents of another document inside the result tree is not a
|   standard feature of XSL (it may be supported by XT).  If the
|   stylesheet did include the external document, it would need to escape
|   it into well-formed XML on the way in.

Until now, I didn't use XSL.

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |