Re: Docbook and XSL stylesheets

hi,
On Tue, 28 Mar 2000, you wrote:
> C'est ainsi que madhu (b_maddy_016@yahoo.com) s'exprimait:
>
> ] not only passivetex is included also now jadetex from this site is dependant on
> ] passivetex. that is you need to install pasivetex to install jadetex.
>
> Yes, because if you want to be able to rebuild the whole set, you need
> passivetex which isn't provided on a standard RH6.1.
>
> ] also if you upgrade from your present jadetex 2.7 the whole structure is
> ] changed  so it doesn't work
> ] db2html barfs that there is no jadetex  in /usr/bin/jadetex
>
> I suppose I have to give some background :-)
> In fact, these packages were done so that I can install all what
> is needed on a RH 6.1 machine to be able to generate my SGML documentation.
> I first used sgmltools, that I compiled. But each time a new version of DSSSL
> or something else is out, I have to regenerate the whole thing, which
> became to be heavy. Plus I wanted to know more on the system and get rid
> of the sgmltools themselves and keep only the base bricks. I don't like
> Python, as far as I can read ;-)
> So I decided that the best, for me, was to create RPMs which I can
> install at will on a new machine to have all my environment.
>
> With which package does db2html come ? I can't find it in my sources.
> So it's clear that I didn't install it. BTW, I didn't have it before
> neither.
>
> I have just updated my Make file to do things like :
>
> $(CIBLE-L).ps: $(SRC)
>         jade -t tex -d $(CIBLE-L).dsl'#print' -V tex-backend -c $(CIBLE).cat -o
> $(CIBLE-L).tex $(CIBLE-L).sgml
>         hugelatex -fmt=jadetex -mltex $(CIBLE-L)
>         hugelatex -fmt=jadetex -mltex $(CIBLE-L)
>         hugelatex -fmt=jadetex -mltex $(CIBLE-L)
>         dvips -o $(CIBLE-L).ps $(CIBLE-L).dvi
>
> $(CIBLE-L)/index.html: $(SRC)
>         rm -rf $(CIBLE-L)
>         mkdir -p $(CIBLE-L)
>         (cd $(CIBLE-L) ; jade -t sgml -c ../$(CIBLE).cat -d ../$(CIBLE-L).dsl'#h
> tml' ../$(CIBLE-L).sgml)
>
> And so on...
> So you have there the basics packages.
> If you need more tools, maybe other packages sets are better for your
> needs.
> I repeat : these were useful for me. I put them on ftp. They surely
> have limits, bugs, ... But they can't provide functions they don't
> contain.
>
> Sorry for so bad explanations, my english is as poor as my RPMs ;-)
>
> Greetings,
> Bruno.
> --
my appologies if my mail conveyed a sense of complaint it was not intended to
what i meant was users of Redhat in particular use cygnus package of docbook as
defualt and infact if i am not mistaken Redhat 6.2 , it is there as defualt .
since you had designed your package primarily for RedHat you should atleast
take care that it doesn't break the existing setup.
db2html is one of the scripts which i think come as a part of the sgmltools
package . it is widely used script which eases the pain of having to type
multitude of commands which is otherwise required to convert things html or ps
or pdf. it does help newbies a lot,  thanks to Mark Gallassi
each distro has its own way of doing things but all them have this in some form
or other for example some wonderful tweaks by Karl for SuSe
for instance my structure for jadetex is like this:
/usr/bin/jadetex
points to
/usr/bin/virtex
which in turn points to
tex
it somehow seems to work
and now i try to use your package
and i end up with errors

thank you
regards
 --
maddy

           "There the eye goes not;Speech goes not,nor the mind.
            We know not,we understand not;How one would teach it"