Re: Latin-2 character entities in html

    Terry> If the substitution is acceptable for your context, you can
    Terry> use &#244; and &#251; (circumflex rather than macron) - at
    Terry> least this works with IE.

That was actually what I was doing.

Actually, these macron characters are actually Latin-4 not Latin-2, so
TDG is mis-leading at best.

It turns out that if I do a View->Character Set->UTF-8 under Netscape, I
can see the macron characters, though they don't look so good (not
nearly as good as in the PDF version, nor as good as the circumflex
Latin-1 characters). I guess there must be some way of telling the
browsers what font to use for the pages in the article, but I don't
know what the html markup is for this, nor how to go about achieving
it in DocBook.
--
Colin Paul Adams
Preston Lancashire