Re: DocBook 4.0 - SGML or XML?

"Eve L. Maler" <Eve.Maler@east.sun.com> writes:

> Yes, but try and implement whole document production systems or EAI systems or
> whatever using only the aging SGML-only product base, and you'll soon be in
> trouble.  If you decide to be 100% XML-compliant but not necessarily
> SGML-compliant (losing some markup functionality in the process), a whole
> world of tools opens up to you.

Yes, I know, XML is about tools ;-)  "To make it easier to write
parsers etc."

Most free XML tools aren't mature enough and/or they are hard to
install.  Most free and not free XML tools require java -- some of us
don't like java at all...

--
work : ke@suse.de                          |
     : http://www.suse.de/~ke/             |          ------    ,__o