Re: TOC synopsis formatting

Eric Miller wrote:
| I have run into a situation within the <tocentry> where under each listing in the TOC, there is a brief synopsis of the chapter. The format of the TOC appears similar to this:
| 	1	Chapter 1's Title
| 		This is some reference text pertaining to chapter 1.
| 	2	Chapter 2's Title
| 		This is reference text for chapter 2's content.
|
| Currently, I do not know of any solution as to how the descriptive text should be tagged. Unfortunately, the <para> tag is unavailable and the <synopsis> tag refers to computer code and not to a synopsis of a chapter. Does anyone have a suggestion on how this should be tagged?

We haven't provided for that case specifically.  It's sufficiently
uncommon in computer books that yours is the first request - although
it's not uncommon historically.  As a workaround you could use
<phrase role="tocsynopsis"> and adjust your style sheet; it would
be reasonable to file an RFE for this.

regards, Terry