Version question

I recently upgrade from FrameMaker to FrameMaker + SGML 6.0. Included
with that was DocBook the DTD and related files. Their "Guide to the
DocBook DYD" refers to vresion 2.2.1. Whoever it seems that at the
FTP there are two files reference for versions one for 3.0 and the
other for 2.4. Where can I find the documentation that corresponds to
the version I have or instructions on how to bring the whole thing up
to the same higher level or am I suffering a case of operator failure
and one of those does match where I am?
--
END