Re: DOCBOOK-APPS: Help - Reseting the chapter numbering

> From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane_Bline?= <sbline@apsydev.com>
>
> I am using the latest DocBook XML distribution and the
> latest version Norm's XSL stylesheets.  Apparently the
> chapter numbering is not being reset in a Part and I need
> that.  I had a look at the stylesheets but could not spot
> the XSL construct that would allow me to do that.  Can
> anybody help ?

In the stylesheet directory, the file common/common.xsl
has this template that assembles the numbers for chapters:

<xsl:template match="chapter" mode="label.content">
  <xsl:param name="punct">.</xsl:param>
  <xsl:choose>
    <xsl:when test="@label">
      <xsl:value-of select="@label"/>
      <xsl:value-of select="$punct"/>
    </xsl:when>
    <xsl:when test="$chapter.autolabel != 0">
      <xsl:number from="book" count="chapter" format="1" level="any"/>
      <xsl:value-of select="$punct"/>
    </xsl:when>
  </xsl:choose>
</xsl:template>

In the 9th line of the template, change:

  from="book"

  from="part"

That way it starts counting from when a part element starts
rather than from when a book element starts.

You might want to make this change in a customization layer
rather than altering the distribution file.  I can
explain that process if you need assistance.

You might also suggest to Norm that this is an item
that could be parameterized so you don't have to
rewrite the template.

bobs
The Santa Cruz Operation, Inc.              fax:   (831) 429-1887
                                            email: bobs@sco.com