Re: Repost: Recommended way to include external C source

Bernd Kreimeier wrote:

> Or do I have to fall back on Makefiles and sed/awk
> conversion scripts because the DocBook toolchain (or
> SGML as such) is simply not able to handle this?

FWIW, this is what I do.  I haven't found a better way.

I have two versions of each [X|SG]ML file.  (I'm using XML extensions
for forward compatibility...)  A .x file and a .xml file.  The .x file
is the one I edit.  The .xml file is the one actually processed by
Jade.  I have a generic rule in my Makefile that converts .x files into
.xml files by running a Perl script on them that I wrote.  The Perl
script handles stuff like what you mentioned.

Best,

Dave