What DocBook element for name of a programming langauge?

The DocBook DTD has many inline elements for use with programming
languages, e.g. ClassName, ReturnValue. However, I can't find anything
appropriate for the name of the programming language itself. :-( It would
not be correct to use either the Application or Command elements unless
one were tagging the compiler for that langauge, which in the instance
here I'm not. Using WordAsWord doesn't feel right either.

As it happens the document I'm working with mentions several programming
languages: C, C++, Pascal, Cobol, Fortran amongst others. I'd like to
have them tagged appropriately otherwise it's not really generic markup is
it?

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living language.
Support the campaign for formal recognition by the British government now!

--

<>< Re: deemed!