Re: Is it possible to change headers so that...

[ Please post stylesheet and application-related questions to the
docbook-apps mailing list --moderator]

/ Jorge Godoy <godoy@conectiva.com> was heard to say:
| Is it possible to customize stylesheets so that the even and odd pages
| have different headers on TeX backend? We're doing this with some Perl
| hacking on the .tex file, but if we could do that on stylesheets it
| would be great!

I don't recall a TeX limitation in this regard.

| I want to show the book name or chapter title on odd pages and the
| current section name on even pages.

Make sure you enable the two-side option and then define the
appropriate *-inner-header and *-outer-header functions appropriately.

| I think there was a limitation in (Open)Jade that prevented that... Am
| I wrong about this? (I hope I am!)

I think so. Maybe you're thinking of the limitation that headers and
footers can only be a single line?

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | To create a little flower is the
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | labour of ages.--Blake
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee |