Re: see also representation (was Re: "How do I represent...?")

> | "John R. Daily" <jdaily@progeny.com> writes:
> |
> | > * I would like to formalize the "See also" concept. I don't think a
> | > bibliography is what I'm aiming for, although if that should be used,
> | > that's fine. I intend to provide a unique document identifier to each
> | > document, and I would like to be able to provide a list of such
> | > identifiers in the meta-information for each document, perhaps with a
> | > relationship value to indicate the relevance of the other document.
>
> If you want to do cross-document links at the source level, OLink is your
> only hope. And it sounds like it might suit what you have in mind.

That doesn't look nearly as abstract as I'd hoped. Essentially, I want
authors to be able to insert something like the following:

<articleinfo>
<otherdocs>
  <otherdoc relevance="1">112079</otherdoc>
  <otherdoc relevance="2">24221</otherdoc>
  <otherdoc relevance="2">365412</otherdoc>
</otherdocs>
</articleinfo>

The goal is to create a very abstract mechanism for something akin to
the "See Also" section of a manpage. The stylesheet could render this
information as appropriate by providing a generic URL for those IDs,
like "http://foo.bar.com/urn?112079", at some location in the document
as determined by the stylesheet maintainer.

The above structure is likely insufficient to support man pages
themselves; perhaps adding a "docname" attribute with values like
"sprintf(3)" would be sufficient.

-John