<othercredit> query

All,

I am beginning to look into tagging the various individuals responsible for the creation of a document and identifying them with the <othercredit> tag. However, I am curious as to how the markup should look when multiple individuals are responsible for a similar task.

My first thought is to simply tag the data as follows:
<othercredit>
<contrib>Proofreader</contrib>
<firstname>Jane</firstname>
<othername role="middle">C</othername>
<surname>Doe</surname>
<firstname>John</firstname>
<othername role="middle">Q</othername>
<surname>Public</surname>
</othercredit>

However, I am unsure of how this would be translated by an XSLT processor. Obviously I do not want the two names running together. But, I also do not want to duplicate the contribution as in the following segment of code:
<othercredit>
<contrib>Proofreader</contrib>
<firstname>Jane</firstname>
<othername role="middle">C</othername>
<surname>Doe</surname>
</othercredit>
<othercredit>
<contrib>Proofreader</contrib>
<firstname>John</firstname>
<othername role="middle">Q</othername>
<surname>Public</surname>
</othercredit>

Has anyone else struggled with this or have any thoughts on the best way to mark the data?

Thanks in advance!