Re: re step container for procedure

Everywhere where I've got "group of steps" below, please substitute
"group of steps and an optional title and titleabbrev".

Terry Allen <tallen@sonic.net> writes:

> | > It's already possible to reuse the set of steps - use an entity.
> |
> | Yep-- an excellent workaround that will always work. But a workaround.
>
> Not a workaround, but a fundamental facility of SGML.  As this
> facility is available, no argument that markup is necessary to
> make reuse possible is coherent.

You're right of course-- one way or another, to reuse a group of
steps, they will have to be stored as an entity at some point. What
I'm talking about is a way to facilitate automation of that.

For a group of steps to be reused alone-- without the rest of the
Procedure stuff-- a person needs to manually create an entity
containing the steps, because the group of steps is not delimited in
as a group. It takes a human looking at it to see three steps in a row
and say, that's a group of steps I can store as an entity.

But they are not logically delimited in a way that a machine-- a
document management system or other processing app-- would normally
expect. If we create a Stepset container, a doc management system can
automatically store the Stepset and all its contents as one entity.

   --Mike Smith