Re: Firstterm, Glossterm & Glossary

/ Vladimir Ivanovic <ivanovic@parc.xerox.com> was heard to say:
| Just a comment: I don't like the idea of `firstterm' because it requires
| keeping track of the first occurrence of a term. One can no longer move
| a block of text around in a document without examining it to see if it
| contains any instances of `glossterm' and then converting them to
| `firstterm', or vice-versa.
|
| Why can't `glossterm' do it all?

That's a good point. Modern stylesheet languages are probably powerful
enough to deal with this. In the early days, that wasn't always the
case.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | He who seeks happiness for himself
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | by making others unhappy is bound
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | in the chains of hate and from