Re: partintroinfo ?

/ camille <camille@mandrakesoft.com> was heard to say:
| Is there a reason why there is no <partintroinfo> element?
| To me, the <partintro> element has the same semantic value as <chapter>
| inside the <part> element, and it should deserve a <partintroinfo> as
| <chapter> deserves a <chapterinfo>.

I suggest that you submit a DocBook RFE[1] for this, if you'd like the
committee to (re)consider it.

In the meantime, I believe that the thinking is/was that partintro is
very closely associated with the part (the processing expectation is
often that the partintro content will be printed on part titlepage) so
it has the same metadata as the part.

Personally, I've been bitten by this, so I'm sympathetic.

[1] http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?atid=384107&group_id=21935&func=browse
--
Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The perfect man has no method; or
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | rather the best of methods, which