Re: How To Do a FAQ in DocBook?

On Thu, 05 Jul 2001, churcher@ihug.com.au wrote:
> You wrote:
>> Is there a way to do a FAQ in DocBook?
>
> I'm at present converting a FAQ to DocBook XML. Here's the HTML
> version:
>
>   http://snurse-l.org/acllc-c++/faq.html
>
> I'll post the XML when I'm finished. I'd be interested in your (or
> anyone else's) experiences with using DocBook for this task.

Interesting... I was also doing some experimentation on that this
morning. I was worried with creating a stylesheet for AxKit
(http://www.axkit.org), using it's XPathScript, that generated HTML on
the fly from my XML sources. I found that using DocBook's tags + my
stylesheet worked very fine for our needs and the resulting appearance
(which also used CSS stylesheets) was very good.

If there's someone else interested on using AxKit or already using it
with DocBook documents here, I'd like to exchange some experiences.

--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Suporte à Rede Conectiva de Serviços -- Conectiva Services Network Support
Conectiva S.A     -    www.conectiva.com.br     -   +55 (41) 360-2600
Conectiva Inc.    -    www.conectiva.com        -   +55 (41) 360-2600