Re: modifying the DocBook DTD

/ Shang-Lin Chen <schen@its.caltech.edu> was heard to say:
| If I modify the DocBook DTD, can I still use db2html to convert my DocBook
| documents to HTML, or do I need to create my own parser? Would anyone know

If you change the extend the DTD, you'll have to extend the stylesheets
to support your DTD extensions, but the bulk of the stylesheets will
work fine.

| where in the DTD to define an extension of cmdsynopsis? I'm trying to
| study the DTD, and it seems a bit above my basic understanding of SGML.

As Bob suggested, DocBook: TDG outlines the basic procedure.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Even while a thing is in the act
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | of coming into existence, some
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | part of it has already ceased to