Re: objection to docbook.dcl

Adam Di Carlo <adam@onshore.com> writes:

> Karl Eichwalder <keichwa@gmx.net> writes:
>
> > > Norm himself said this DECL shouldn't be on by default.
> >
> > I don't think OASIS members will approve this recommendation ;)
>
> I wish we could clear this up and get a definitive answer.

Unfortunately, no clarification happened the last months.  Anyway, by
default "sloppy" DocBook documents (SGML) will be allowed on SuSE Linux
next time if you'll use the db2x script coming with the distribution
(after 7.2).  A pre-release of my docbook-toys is available here:

    http://www.suse.de/~ke/docbook-toys/docbook-toys-0.50.1.tar.bz2

Drop me a line if you're interested in RPMs for 7.2.

It will work in a straight forward manner; I'll feed jade with a
declaration (/usr/share/sgml/docbook/docbook-toys/docbook-sloppy.dcl)
where I set:

                  DATATAG  yes
                  OMITTAG  yes

Otherwise the declaration file is unchanged.  People interested in files
conforming with the official declaration will have to use the switches
-S|--strict or -W|--validate-strict.

I hope users will enjoy it.

--
ke@suse.de (work) / keichwa@gmx.net (home):              |