Re: Presentational markup in Docbook

/ Dave Pawson <daveP@dpawson.freeserve.co.uk> was heard to say:
| At 09:00 PM 7/16/01, Norman Walsh wrote:
|
| >Whether or not <span class="red">stuff</span> is messing up the
| >semantics of your document or not is open to discussion :-)
|
| Don't expect the class attribute to last much longer.
| Whats the docbook phrasing?
|
| 'deprecated in version 5' 'dead in version 5.01'?

Huh? The role attribute isn't going to go away in DocBook, are you
saying that the class attribute is going away in HTML? I find that
hard to believe, the amount of CSS that depends on classes must be
enormous.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | My problems start when the smarter
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | bears and the dumber visitors
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | intersect.--Steve Thompson,