Re: Some docbook problems...

Alexander,

FYI, this list (docbook) is for discussing the DocBook spec and
issues/problems with that while the "docbook-apps" list is for discussing
things like stylesheets, processing, etc.  So you may find better answers
over there.

> but I did not manage to produce PDFs using apache FOP processor. it
> works quit good using xep (also with problems e.g. tfooter in table...);
> will there be an update that works with apache FOP, and nearly more
> important: in Cocoon to dynamically publish docbook to pdf?

Don't know about Cocoon, but a number of people on 'docbook-apps' have said
that FOP is still lacking in some areas.  I suspect (but do not know) that it
may not be an issue of having a version of the stylesheets that work with
FOP, but rather an issue of having a version of FOP that fully supports all
that is in the stylesheets.  And it may be that both need to be enhanced.

> (2) the "index" story is described, at least in my opinion, very

Don't know on that one... I haven't been working with indexes.  Ask in
docbook-apps.

Regards,
Dan

--
Dan York, Director of Training        dyork@e-smith.com
Ph: +1-613-751-4401  Mobile: +1-613-263-4312 Fax: +1-613-564-7739