[DUMMIE] searching for a list

hello,

I have questions and don't manage to solve it alone :

- can I, with docbook (don't ask me the version I use,
  I don't know, I just declared 4.1, so I think that
  works) make a whole "screen" go to the next page (I
  don't want it to be cut) if necesseraly, fot printable
  outputs ?

- for crosslinks in a "variablelist" where do I have to
  declare "callers" and "called" ? with witch syntax ?

- witch are the alternatives for "screen", if they exist,
  to obtain a command line without blank background ?

- where can I find a "docbook for dummies" ?

thanks

Genevieve Gracian