programlisting?

Hi,

I like to have the programlisting in a gray block in HTML output.
This was the case with docbook SGML and dssl stylesheet,
but with XML + stylesheet it is not the same, it is like normal text.
Is there a way to achieve this with this tag or when embeded in other
tags?
I prefer not to change stylesheets, even if i know how to do this one.

Next i am trying to write a tutorial, my first idea is to
have a few lines of explanation followed by some c++ code and again some
text etc.
The text between the code lines explain what is going on in the program.

The program code is one program.
What i would like to have is some numbering for the whole program, even
if there was text in between.
What happens is that all seperate pieces of programlisting get
re-numbered.
Does someone have an idea how to do this best, or different.

Thanks for some advice,

Klaas

Unclassified