From: Jorge Luiz Godoy Filho [mailto:godoy@conectiva.com]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2001 4:09 PM
To: Dan York
Cc: Jamie Smedsmo; docbook@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Re: DOCBOOK: making a book of articles with Fop

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, dyork@e-smith.com wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 05:03:03PM -0500, Jamie Smedsmo wrote:
>> I am trying to make a book that consists of a bunch of articles.  I
>> want to use apache's Fop to make a pdf file.  I can't find any
>> examples and mine doesn't work.  Any suggestions?
>
> Yes. Do NOT create them as separate <article> documents.  When you
> are breaking out your chapters like this into separate files, each
> file should have valid DocBook code, but NOT an overall element like
> <article>.  (and no DOCTYPE headers and such).  So they should be:

Dan,

How should one markup author of each article and give it an abstract
and all the other information that are present in articleinfo element?

I have "sets" of articles here that are compiled into a book. The
construction:

<book>
 <article>
 </article>
 <article>
 </article>
</book>

is valid.

--
Godoy. <godoy@conectiva.com>

Desenvolvimento de Soluções         --          Solutions Development
Conectiva S.A     -    www.conectiva.com.br     -   +55 (41) 360-2600
Conectiva Inc.    -    www.conectiva.com        -   +55 (41) 360-2600