DocBook: The Definitive Guide license change

DocBook users:

[ I had to leave the O'Reilly Open Source Convention[1] early, so I
  never saw the official announcement and since no one else has posted
  it here, perhaps this is the official announcement. :-)
  In any event... ]

Earlier this week, O'Reilly[2] announced that _DocBook: The Definitive
Guide_[3] will be released under the GNU Free Documentation License v1.1[4].

This change in licensing will allow DocBook users world-wide to
update, translate, and reuse the official reference documentation for
DocBook. I will shortly be checking the XML sources for the book into
the DocBook project[5] at SourceForge[6].

For more information about DocBook, please consult the official
DocBook home page[7] at the Organization for the Advancement of
Structured Information Standards (OASIS)[8].

The most recent, alpha version of _DocBook: The Definitive Guide_ is
available from the Definitive Guide home page[9]. This version does
not reflect the change of licensing, but a new version that does will
be published there soon.

O'Reilly has indicated that it plans to keep this book in print and
also to publish revised versions in the future. Future editions will
also conform to the GNU FDL v1.1 or later.

[1] http://conferences.oreilly.com/oscon/
[2] http://www.oreilly.com/
[3] http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/docbook/
[4] http://www.fsf.org/copyleft/fdl.html