Re: programlisting?

/ "k. holwerda" <klaas.holwerda@nl.thalesgroup.com> was heard to say:
| I like to have the programlisting in a gray block in HTML output.
| This was the case with docbook SGML and dssl stylesheet,
| but with XML + stylesheet it is not the same, it is like normal text.
| Is there a way to achieve this with this tag or when embeded in other
| tags?

Your best bet is probably to use CSS to do this. But the stylesheets
could be tweaked again to support it. Post the request at
sourceforge.net/projects/docbook, if CSS isn't sufficient.

| The program code is one program.
| What i would like to have is some numbering for the whole program, even
| if there was text in between.
| What happens is that all seperate pieces of programlisting get
| re-numbered.
| Does someone have an idea how to do this best, or different.

Please post this as a feature request, too. Clearly some sort of
linenumbering.startingLineNumber PI should be added.

Better yet, of course, would be some sort of fragment identifier for
text that would allow the text snippets to be pulled from one big
file.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | You cannot step twice into the
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | same river, for other waters are
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | continually flowing in.--Heraclitus