Re: Chunking

/ Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz> was heard to say:
| "Jason Buckley (Ramesys - Nottingham)" wrote:
|
| > Could someone please tell me what chunking does, and whether it will work
| > when rendering XML into IE5.5?
|
| It won't work in IE because IE does on-the-fly rendering of XML - it
| converts XML using XSLT to HTML in memory and then displays result HTML.
| If you are using chunking, there are generated several files from one
| XML file.

More to the point, it's performed by an extension element and no
extension element has been implemented for MSXML. So you can't even do
it with MSXSL from the command line (outside of the browser).

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | Waste no more time arguing what a
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | good man should be. Be
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | one.--Marcus Aurelius