Re: Change Bars

[Follow-ups to docbook-apps, please]

/ Stephen Rasku <stephen@tgivan.com> was heard to say:
| >| Is there any way to generate change bars from a DocBook document?
| If
| >| not, is there any intention of adding this functionality?
| >
| >Yes, it can be done either by hand or semi-automatically.
[...]
| I am using version 1.64 of the DocBook DSSSL style sheets.  Can I use
| changebars.xsl with DSSSL style sheets or do I need to use XSL style
| sheets?

You can't use changebars.xsl with DSSSL, but implementing changebars.dsl
would be pretty easy, I think.

| I want to generate change bars on printed output.  Can I use
| XSL style sheets to render into PostScript?

Ah, changebars.xsl is an HTML stylesheet. I haven't written a print one
yet. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a way to make Jade or
XSL FO produce traditional print change bars.

Norman Walsh <ndw@nwalsh.com>      | The formula 'Two and two make
http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/ | five' is not without its
Chair, DocBook Technical Committee | attractions.--Dostoevsky