Re: Re: details of DocBook versioning policy

"Matt G." <matt_g_@hotmail.com> writes:

> [...]
> BTW, I noticed that the Apache XML group used a non-DocBook
> documentation format, for their fairly substantial, XML-based
> documentation on Xerces (their C++/Java validating DOM/SAX XML
> parser).  Does anyone know why (I asked them, but have yet to receive
> a reply)?  I couldn't even find a mention of docbook, in the mailing
> list archives (other than regarding issues their libraries had w/ it).

Seems like they're probably using their own because way back when,
Stefano Mazzocchi decided that's how it'd be and wrote the DTD. But
now that just about every Free software/open-source doc project is
using DocBook, they really should be encouraged to switch to it as
well, especially if they care at all about recruiting new people to
help out with the docs.